Job Category: Architecture
Location: Honolulu, HI
Crawford Architects is seeking a Project Designer to join our growing Honolulu office. We promote a creative and collaborative team culture as we strive toward innovation and excellence in our unique practice. In this role, you will assist in the overall efforts of various project phases, including architectural design, documentation, and construction administration. Essential job responsibilities may include the following:
- Work within a dynamic environment to perform architectural assignments under the supervision of firm principals, project managers, and architects.
- Architectural design, design development, and documentation
- Develop, modify and/or review drawings according to established standards
- Review of developer’s architectural documents for contractual compliance with design standards
- Quality assurance for the documentation of all phases in compliance with established QA/QC and Best Practice Standards
- Understanding and communication of design intent, product and code research, into technical documents
- Assist with Feasibility Studies, Concept Design, Programming, and Master Planning efforts
- Provides construction administration services – overseeing the project completion
- Development of As-Built drawing sets to deliver to the client
- Digital rendering and 3D modeling
- Concept diagramming / 2D image development
- Provision of construction administration services – overseeing project completion
- Client, consultant, and contractor project information coordination
- Maintaining relationships with clients, sub-contractors, and construction team
- Create graphics and research information for inclusion in marketing and promotional materials
- Mentoring and directing work of Junior Designer(s) in developing solutions to technical and design detail problems following established standards
Candidates will have to meet the following minimum qualifications for consideration.
Education: Bachelor of Architecture degree(s) from an accredited institution. A Master of Architecture (MArch) degree is preferred.
Experience: Design professional with 3-5 years of experience in the practice of architecture, architectural design/documentation, or related field.
Technical Skills / Software Capabilities: Candidates should have strong technical skills/proficiency with the following tools:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of Sustainability Requirements, including USGBC/LEED standards
Soft Skills: Priority will be given to candidates who effectively demonstrate the following:
- Strong knowledge of design principles
- Ability to interpret design concepts/layouts, including commonly-used architectural standards, practices, and procedures
- Knowledge of building regulations, life-safety codes, design techniques, tools, and design principles involved in the production of precision technical plans
- Strong creative and technical thinking skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Attention to detail with an ability to work within budget/time constraints
- Strong design skills as demonstrated by a portfolio of work
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to build relationships and work successfully with a variety of parties
- All-around practical knowledge
- Strong interpersonal communication and project leadership skills
To apply, please email a PDF of your portfolio and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crawford Architects offers a competitive salary and benefits package to all full-time employees. Crawford is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.