Job Category: Architecture
Location: Kansas City, MO
Crawford is seeking a full-time Senior Interior Designer to carry forth our values of innovation, quality, and excellence across a variety of design solutions. We are looking for a dynamic individual who has a passion for sports, entertainment, and hospitality projects. You will develop and mentor staff while ensuring project quality and client satisfaction.
The ideal candidate has exceptional design skills, a background in interior design, and a portfolio of innovative design concepts. You are an integral member of the design team who relishes contributing a point of view and craves participation in conceptual thought-processes and design exploration.
- Creates initial concept packages with a strong design story, to guide the design process through project completion
- Conducts programming efforts through space planning studies to arrive at final approved plan that meet the goals of clients
- Sculpts interior spaces as a holistic experience including specification of furniture, lighting, artwork and finishes/materials
- Leads day-to-day project coordination efforts with the ability to prioritize deadlines, manage communication and coordination with clients and consultants
- Communicates conceptual design ideas through 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Work with consultants, contractors, fabricators, specification writers, and regulatory agencies to meet overall project objectives
- Participates in the construction administration of projects – including review of submittals and finish samples as well as value engineering efforts to maintain design intent
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or related field from an accredited school
- 8+ years of related interior design experience
- NCIDQ or CID Certification required
- Proficient in SketchUp and Revit
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections, and specifications
- Rendering and visual communication skills are highly valued
- Passionate, self-starting, intelligent, dedicated, efficient
- Detailed understanding of FF&E design and deliverables
Preferred Skill Sets Include:
- Strong visual storytelling skills.
- Comfortable managing a workload of multiple projects and competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized, dependable, detail-oriented, and deadline-driven.
- Solid writing skills, with the ability to compose and edit narrative-driven content.
- Can effectively complete projects both independently and in team setting.
- Able to confidently prioritize, manage and multitask between different projects and deadlines.
- Knowledge of sports architecture and entertainment and hospitality industry is preferred
To apply, please email a PDF of your portfolio and resume to email@example.com.
Crawford Architects offers a competitive salary and benefits package to all full-time employees. Crawford is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.