Chicago Fire FC
“Innovative MLS Facility in the Heart of Chicago”
The CFFC Human Performance Centre is a versatile team facility, set to include the latest innovations in training, rehabilitation, and performance. First Team, MLSII, and Academy team amenities include: locker rooms, meeting spaces, performance, sports medicine, rehabilitation, club dining, and offices for the technical coaching staff. Special attention has been placed on providing adjacencies in the program and creating connectivity between the first team and academy where appropriate to facilitate interaction and team growth.
The site will also include two full size hybrid grass pitches and a goalkeeper pitch dedicated for sole First Team use, and three synthetic turf pitches for Academy team use. The First Team pitches are supported by a hydronic undersole heating system. A seasonal air-supported inflatable structure will allow continued use of one of the Academy pitches during inclement weather and the winter months of the year.
The new facility will feature the following program components for the Chicago Fire FC’s players and staff:
- 51,500-square-foot, two-story Performance Centre
- 3,400-square-foot, one-story groundskeeper facility
- Two-and-a-half hybrid grass pitches with a hydronic heating system
- Three synthetic turf pitches
- On site surface parking
Goals & Objectives:
- Create a facility that accommodates the continued growth and evolution of the Chicago Fire Football Club.
- Maximize flexibility for future alterations including the ability to share space where possible.
- Create a facility that is attractive to free agents and existing players and coaches. Specifically, CFFC requires attractive and functional facilities that are competitive with Peer facilities as they seek to recruit and retain personnel.
- Improve interaction amongst staff while creating a sense of community.
- Reinforce and enhance the CFFC Brand while promoting the Club’s Mission as it relates to Public/Community outreach.
- Create an environment that promotes excellence – both on and off the Pitch.
- Create a strong anchor for future development.
- Create a legacy project that reflects the values of the CFFC organization.
Chicago Fire FC
54,900 GSF (Building)
24 Acres (Site + Pitch + Building)
Master Planning/ Concept Design, Architecture, Interior Architecture, Brand Activation, Signage & Wayfinding, Stadiums & Arenas, Training Facilities, Health & Wellness, Mixed-Use, Commercial Office
This new performance center will strengthen our ability to recruit and develop the best talent at the professional and Academy levels. Moreover, this facility will serve as a community asset, offering valuable resources and opportunities that will benefit multiple generations of Chicagoans.
Joe Mansueto, Chicago Fire FC owner and chairman.